Sample Voir Dire Questions
Medical Malpractice Wrongful Death: Defense Perspective:
- Defendant, Mrs. X, represents the hospital. She has a right to be in the courtroom. She has a right to defend herself. She says she didn’t do anything wrong. How many of you have an issue with that?
- Do you think the plaintiff has a valid claim just because we are here in the courtroom today?
- Can you listen to all of the evidence and judge the truth?
- Do you agree that medicine is not a perfect science and despite health care professionals’ best efforts, people sometimes die?
- Do you have an axe to grind with a doctor or other medical professional based on a personal experience? Tell me about it.
- Do you have any personal experience with death and has the passage of time helped you cope with that experience?
- What does the bumper sticker on your car say?
- How do you receive the news? What TV station do you watch?
- The Defendant always goes second in every aspect of trial. Do you have any problem with waiting to hear from us before you make up your mind?